Once you have claimed your company’s Google Places listing, it’s time to really make it work for your business. To do so, you must optimize it so it comes up high in the search engine results when local consumers search for your type of product or service online.
The process of getting a good ranking for a Google Places listing is simple, but it does require a bit of time and patience to do well.
Here are 4 Tips to Help Optimize Your Listing:
1. The first and most obvious thing that needs to be done is to make sure that you fill out all of the fields for your Google Places listing so it has a 100% score. Just this step alone will put you in front of the bulk of your competitors.
2. It is important that you select the right categories and also do proper keyword research. Carefully include a couple of keywords in your listing without “keyword stuffing” as this will help your listing show up for different search phrases.
3. Your listing will need as many citations on the online directories as possible, such as Yelp, Bing, Yahoo and Hotfrog.
4. Finally, get as many customers to review your business on Google Places as possible. The more reviews you can collect, the higher your listing will rank in the listings over time.
If you would rather have the help of someone who is experienced in setting up Google Places listings, contact us for a free consultation.
Latest posts by Don Johnson (see all)
- Is Web Design Really That Important for my Site? - January 29, 2016
- 3 Tips to Grow Your Social Media Followers - January 28, 2016
- Facebook Ad Landing Pages: The Debate Continues - November 21, 2013